1. Who have been some of your favorite people to work with?
Ben Vereen, when we did Aladdin together here at The Playhouse a couple years ago. I played Abanazar, the villain & Ben would sit on the side of the stage during “The Villain’s Lair” scene and laugh out loud (sometimes louder than the audience) & his laugh brought me such joy
Another favorite of mine is an actress by the name of Magda Szubanski who was one of my childhood idols. I was down in Australia– working with Bonnie– and Magda and I got to do Snow White together and hit it off. I always I see her every year I go down.
2. What’s your least favorite kind of coffee drink?
Would have to be anything mocha, because why spoil the coffee?
3. What brings you to continue to perform in Lythgoe Family Pantos?
The fact that it has always been a great family working environment. This would be my fifth show I’ve done with them, and its always such a joy having kids come for the first time to see a stage show.
4. What’s one of your most memorable travel experiences?
Actually, just recently, it was Edinburgh, Scotland. It reminds me of one of my other favorite countries—Italy (I’d live in a heartbeat) – both are saturated with their own rich history and ruins and Edinburgh is a city that, at every turn, is visually breathtaking.
5. How do you plan to embrace the role of Ugly Stepsister? Do you have any inspirations?
A touch of Carol Burnett from Annie, with a sprinkle of Cruella de Vil helps with my ugly sister transformation!
6. Why should people come to see A Cinderella Christmas?
I always describe a Panto like a Pixar movie, but on stage. So it’s great for kids, but there’s also so much adult humor in there as well. My favorite part with the Pantos is the fact that parents get even more joy by watching the kids watching the show. It’s just great family fun!